Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It is the little things that we can say that make such a big difference

At the end of my first year as a teacher, I had my class write down something nice for 8 different students (which were randomly chosen). After collecting and compiling all of the comments I picked out the best ones for all 27 students. During the last week of school I passed out a typed document for each student with about 5-8 nice things about them. Some of the students were so happy that their peers had something nice to say abou them. For some it was apparent that they were not used to such nice compliments from their peers.

When I started searching for inspirational stories to add to my website, I came across this story and it made me think about what I did.

http://www.inspiringteachers.com/classroom_resources/inspirational_humorous/the_teacher.html

No comments:

Post a Comment